Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville

Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville, SC.  This photo was taken by Denton Harryman and posted at GreenvilleDailyPhoto.com on 11/19/2007. Although this photo blog is all about living downtown in Greenville, sometimes you need to go for a drive. So on Sunday I grabbed my camera, lowered my convertible top, and took a short 30 minute drive to the “mountains” just outside of Greenville. The Fall colors were great as was the weather … Notice the perspective on these photos and you will experience the feel of driving a convertible.
Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville, SC.  This photo was taken by Denton Harryman and posted at GreenvilleDailyPhoto.com on 11/19/2007.Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville, SC.  This photo was taken by Denton Harryman and posted at GreenvilleDailyPhoto.com on 11/19/2007.Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville, SC.  This photo was taken by Denton Harryman and posted at GreenvilleDailyPhoto.com on 11/19/2007.Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville, SC.  This photo was taken by Denton Harryman and posted at GreenvilleDailyPhoto.com on 11/19/2007.
PS: For local readers, can you guess which of the thumbnails was taken in Cleveland Park in downtown Greenville?

13 Responses to “Fall colors on a drive just outside of Greenville”

1. Jim K

I love taking drives, the cost of gas keeps them short, but there are a lot of things to see so close to home. I posted pics on my second page yesterday of my Saturday roadtrip.

2. Connie

Thanks again for posting all of these beautiful fall color photos. I’m loving them! Keep up the good work.

3. Lynette

As usual, Denton, your anti-spam word matches your photos–they’re striking! I like your text, too. I have enjoyed browsing all the way back in time to the Dream photo. I’m happy to have had a look at all of the photos and to have seen it again. Also, I wanted you to know that I have somewhat the same reaction when I’ve enjoyed a bit of wine on an outing.

4. ann

Thank you for more Autumn colors and the scenery in and around Greenville. This is my favorite time of year.

5. Lorena Tinsley

As usual we have to ask – were you driving while you took this picture?

Lorena, how else could I share the experience, of driving a convertible through the mountains during the height of Fall foliage, without taking the photo while driving? Yes, I was driving while taking four of the five photos shared today. Can you guess which photo was taken while not driving?

On the featured photo I held my camera, one handed, above the windshield and snapped away. Not bad composition for shooting blind and while totally focused on driving safely.

7. bluechic

oh wow, you can drive and shoot photos at the same time???!….that’s just amazing (kids, please don’t try this at home. :)

Nice series of fall colors…it’s sometimes hard to take photos of the fall leaves turning here because one second they’re on the trees and look just about ready to turn and the next, the wind has blown them off and the trees are bare…

8. willemjim

we think thumbnail #4 is the photo of Cleveland Park, near the Zoo…..The blue beemer with the red stopsign and the fall colours are definitely something you need to show BMW for their next brochure!!
    best regards , Jim & Barbara

PS: did you see how our place got CHANGED……?

9. Wayne

Great shot Denton. I knew there was some reason I should have gotten a drop-top! Maybe next time. And I just cannot get enough of those views. I think I would spend a lot on gas money heading out to those mountains every chance I got!
    Thanks for the visuals,
    Wayne
    And thanks for the congrats on Dunedin Daily Photo.

Jim K, living downtown allows me to walk to work and as a result my wife and I have one car instead of two. I mention this because last week I filled up the gas tank on my BMW and I had forgotten which side of the car it was on. Now that is reduced gas consumption.

Connie, I’ll do my best.

Galley, yes you are correct the last thumbnail was taken in Cleveland Park shortly after I visited the dog park.

Lynette, thank you. I have been pleased with the photo opportunities which have presented themselves recently.

Ann, I think I agree. Autumn colors and weather are the best. Of course I may say the same thing about Spring when the flowers start to bloom again.

Zsolt, actually there are more cars than the photos lead you to believe. I tried to take the photos in between passing cars.

Bluechic, I don’t recommend the technique. Check out my list of links to other photo bloggers who have used risky techniques

Willemjim, (Jim and Barbara). You are correct, thumbnail #4 was taken in Cleveland Park. Because our Photo Blog is about living downtown I felt I had to include a photo from downtown along with all those great Fall foliage photos from I25 near the Cliffs … Connie and I have eating at the new restaurant and are still trying to adjust to the changes. However, as I told the new proprietor we will be good customers simply because we will stop by on autopilot. All these years of eating at your restaurant has us trained.

Wayne, I love my convertible. When I bought it I thought I would most enjoy the performance. However, what I enjoy the most is definitely driving with the top down.

11. Ann (Mobay DP)

This is awesome! I think Fall is the greatest season of the year :) I love driving on roads like this and jus being surrounded by all this great colour!